Subject: [stir] STIR WG Scheduling for IETF 88

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 12:21:03 -0400

Robert and I are skeptical that the problem statement and threats documents will be fully complete before IETF 88.  We would like to a lot of effort on them before IETF 88, but we also recognize that the WG was chartered less than a week ago and people are just reengaging after summer holiday.

Anyway, we have ask the Secretariat to schedule two STIR WG sessions at IETF 8:
 --  1 hour on problem statement and threats
 --  1.5 hour on proposals for mechanisms

We have asked for the 1 hour slot early in the week, and the 1.5 hour slot on a subsequent day.

Russ

---

From: Hadriel Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 14:03:34 -0400

I'm willing to write up either draft, but my impression was other folks were already signed up to do that and I didn't want to replicate work.

-hadriel

On Sep 4, 2013, at 12:21 PM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> stir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stir

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 19:26:24 +0000

I did split the threat text out of the problem statement document, into
its own brand new home.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-peterson-secure-origin-ps-02.txt

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-peterson-stir-threats-00.txt

As currently scoped, the threats document is unlikely to be fully complete
until we understand more about the solution-specific threats. That much
said, we could just defer that part of the threat analysis until later,
and that would make me more optimistic about finishing that doc sooner
than later.

That much said, like Russ I hope we can get a lot of work done on these
over the next few weeks, so please do comment, discuss what we're missing,
what needs to be tweaked, and so on.

Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.

On 9/4/13 9:21 AM, "Russ Housley" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Robert and I are skeptical that the problem statement and threats
>documents will be fully complete before IETF 88.  We would like to a lot
>of effort on them before IETF 88, but we also recognize that the WG was
>chartered less than a week ago and people are just reengaging after
>summer holiday.
>