Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-threats-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:49:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Secure Telephone Identity Threat Model
        Author          : Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-threats-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2014-02-10

Abstract:
   As the Internet and the telephone network have become increasingly
   interconnected and interdependent, attackers can impersonate or
   obscure calling party numbers when orchestrating bulk commercial
   calling schemes, hacking voicemail boxes or even circumventing multi-
   factor authentication systems trusted by banks.  This document
   analyzes threats in the resulting system, enumerating actors,
   reviewing the capabilities available to and used by attackers, and
   describing scenarios in which attacks are launched.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-threats/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-threats-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-threats-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/