Subject: [stir] draft-ietf-stir-passport

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 14:46:29 -0700

First, it is a much improved spec to the last version.

I had hoped that I would do better reading section 8.3 a second time around,
however I seem to have failed.

The section appears to have things which make no sense, and doesn't match
the example.

1.  claims may only be appended to the claims object specified.
2.  cannot be removed or re-ordered
3.  The example defines a new claim, "bar" which is placed correctly in
lexigraphic order but does not match rule #1 above.

Jim

Grammar Issues:

Section 5.1.1 - As defined the "iat" should be set to the date and
   time of issuance of the JWT and MUST the origination of the personal
   communications.

Section 7 - For a using protocol of PASSporT

Section 9 - JSON, as a canonical format - not sure that canonical is
appropriate here