Subject: [stir] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8225 (5985)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 22:09:10 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8225,
"PASSporT: Personal Assertion Token".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5985

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: James Manger <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.1

Original Text
-------------
eyJkZXN0Ijp7InVyaSI6WyJzaXA6YWxpY2VAZXhhbXBsZS5jb20iXX0sImlhdCI
6IjE0NDMyMDgzNDUiLCJvcmlnIjp7InRuIjoiMTIxNTU1NTEyMTIifX0

Corrected Text
--------------
eyJkZXN0Ijp7InVyaSI6WyJzaXA6YWxpY2VAZXhhbXBsZS5jb20iXX0sImlhdCI
6MTQ0MzIwODM0NSwib3JpZyI6eyJ0biI6IjEyMTU1NTUxMjEyIn19Cg

Notes
-----
The "iat" claim in the example's JWT payload is incorrectly encoded as a string (with double-quotes around its value), instead of a number (without double-quotes).
WRONG: Base64url( ... "iat":"1443208345", ... ) = ... 6IjE0NDMyMDgzNDUiLCJv ...
RIGHT: Base64url( ... "iat":1443208345,   ... ) = ... 6MTQ0MzIwODM0NSwi ...

The same example appears in Appendix A, where it is correct. I assume the JWS signature in section 7.1 should also be replaced with the value from Appendix A.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8225 (draft-ietf-stir-passport-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : PASSporT: Personal Assertion Token
Publication Date    : February 2018
Author(s)           : C. Wendt, J. Peterson
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Secure Telephone Identity Revisited
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG