Subject: [stir] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 08:39:07 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. It is simple to read and appears
to address an important problem. The ideas behind section 4.1 are also smart.

Please find below a couple of non-blocking COMMENTs, an answer to those
comments will be welcome.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

-- Section 6  --
As this document requires additional procedures to RFC 8224 and RFC 8225,
should this document formally update those 2 RFCs ?

-- Section 8 --
I wonder how the last paragraph of this section works/scales in the case of
phone number portability as the granularity could be down to the individual
phone number.