Subject: [stir] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-stir-rph-emergency-services-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 10:57:59 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stir-rph-emergency-services-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-rph-emergency-services/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple of minor comments that I hope will help:

— Section 1 —

   Compromise of the SIP "Resource-Priority" or "Priority" header fields
   could lead to misuse of network resources (i.e., during congestion
   scenarios),

Only during congestion scenarios (“i.e.”), or is that meant to be an example of
when misuse might happen?  If truly the former, why is congestion the only time
compromise of these fields could lead to misuse of resources?  And could their
compromise lead to other kinds of misuse?

— Section 3 —

   The "dest" claim MUST either be a country or
   region specific dial string

A nit, but I had minor trouble reading it at first without the hyphens: it
should say “a country- or region-specific dial string”.  Or if you don’t like
“country-“, you could say “country-specific or region-specific”.