Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 07:57:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Enhanced JWT Claim Constraints for STIR Certificates
        Author          : Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-06-30

Abstract:
   RFC 8226 specifies the use of certificates for Secure Telephone
   Identity Credentials, and these certificates are often called "STIR
   Certificates".  RFC 8226 provides a certificate extension to
   constrain the JSON Web Token (JWT) claims that can be included in the
   Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) as defined in RFC 8225.  If the
   PASSporT signer includes a JWT claim outside the constraint
   boundaries, then the PASSporT recipient will reject the entire
   PASSporT.  This document updates RFC 8226; it provides all of the
   capabilities available in the original certificate extension as well
   as an additional way to constrain the allowable JWT claims.  The
   enhanced extension can also provide a list of claims that are not
   allowed to be included in the PASSporT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:01:39 -0400

This revision includes all of the changes that have been discussed on the STIR WG mail list over the last week or so.  Hopefully pulling them all together now will make it easy for the IESG to see that their comments were resolved.

Russ

> On Jun 30, 2021, at 10:57 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>