Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 07:59:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Enhanced JWT Claim Constraints for STIR Certificates
        Author          : Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2021-07-26

Abstract:
   RFC 8226 specifies the use of certificates for Secure Telephone
   Identity Credentials, and these certificates are often called "STIR
   Certificates".  RFC 8226 provides a certificate extension to
   constrain the JSON Web Token (JWT) claims that can be included in the
   Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT) as defined in RFC 8225.  If the
   PASSporT signer includes a JWT claim outside the constraint
   boundaries, then the PASSporT recipient will reject the entire
   PASSporT.  This document updates RFC 8226; it provides all of the
   capabilities available in the original certificate extension as well
   as an additional way to constrain the allowable JWT claims.  The
   enhanced extension can also provide a list of claims that are not
   allowed to be included in the PASSporT.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-enhance-rfc8226-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 11:04:21 -0400

IANA made the code point assignment, so the example and the ASN.1 module were updated accordingly.

Russ

> On Jul 26, 2021, at 10:59 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>