Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 17:29:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PASSporT Extension for Rich Call Data
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-13.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-09-09

Abstract:
   This document extends PASSporT, a token for conveying
   cryptographically-signed call information about personal
   communications, to include rich meta-data about a call and caller
   that can be signed and integrity protected, transmitted, and
   subsequently rendered to the called party.  This framework is
   intended to include and extend caller and call specific information
   beyond human-readable display name comparable to the "Caller ID"
   function common on the telephone network.  The JSON element defined
   for this purpose, Rich Call Data (RCD), is an extensible object
   defined to either be used as part of STIR or with SIP Call-Info to
   include related information about calls that helps people decide
   whether to pick up the phone.  This signing of the RCD information is
   also enhanced with a integrity mechanism that is designed to protect
   the authoring and transport of this information between authoritative
   and non-authoritative parties generating and signing the Rich Call
   Data for support of different usage and content policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Chris Wendt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 20:35:40 -0400

Hi All,

I have submitted a new version of the draft to cover all of the detailed comments received.

Note we have also added a late addition of a new “rcd” claim value of “apn” for alternate presentation number.  This is a very straight forward one to provide a more convenient way of including an alternate presentation number for many cases that have been discussed in various forums the latest being in UK.

Thanks!  We will discuss in more detail at the virtual interim.

-Chris

> On Sep 9, 2021, at 8:29 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> stir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stir