Subject: [stir] RFC 9060 on Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR) Certificate Delegation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 15:59:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9060

        Title:      Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR) 
                    Certificate Delegation 
        Author:     J. Peterson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stir-cert-delegation-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9060

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9060

The Secure Telephone Identity Revisited (STIR) certificate profile
provides a way to attest authority over telephone numbers and related
identifiers for the purpose of preventing telephone number spoofing.
This specification details how that authority can be delegated from a
parent certificate to a subordinate certificate. This supports a
number of use cases, including those where service providers grant
credentials to enterprises or other customers capable of signing
calls with STIR.

This document is a product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC