Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 14:47:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PASSporT Extension for Rich Call Data
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-14.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2021-10-25

Abstract:
   This document extends PASSporT, a token for conveying
   cryptographically-signed call information about personal
   communications, to include rich meta-data about a call and caller
   that can be signed and integrity protected, transmitted, and
   subsequently rendered to the called party.  This framework is
   intended to include and extend caller and call specific information
   beyond human-readable display name comparable to the "Caller ID"
   function common on the telephone network.  The JSON element defined
   for this purpose, Rich Call Data (RCD), is an extensible object
   defined to either be used as part of STIR or with SIP Call-Info to
   include related information about calls that helps people decide
   whether to answer an incoming set of communications from another
   party.  This signing of the RCD information is also enhanced with a
   integrity mechanism that is designed to protect the authoring and
   transport of this information between authoritative and non-
   authoritative parties generating and signing the Rich Call Data for
   support of different usage and content policies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-rcd-14

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/