Subject: [Stox] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-stox-chat-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:42:28 -0800

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stox-chat-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-chat/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- OTR works for xmpp. I think (not sure) it could be made
work for MSRP or SIMPLE, and presumably then it might work
here. If that's true, be good to note that and explain a bit
how to do that. (And I don't mean the long-promised OTR I-D,
just a pointer at the inevitably bad best reference we can
find.)

- End of p12: "are suggested" is odd to see in an RFC, it
might be better if you find some other wording.