Subject: [Stox] Brian Haberman's No Objection on draft-ietf-stox-chat-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 07:16:39 -0800

Brian Haberman has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stox-chat-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-chat/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No objection to the publication of this document, but I do have a
question for you to consider...

Sections 4 and 6 talk about implementing timers to deal with the lack of
a GONE message in XMPP.  Any thoughts on having this document suggest
possible values for such timers?  Not sure if that makes sense for
protocols much closer to real users, but thought I would ask.