Subject: [Stox] Martin Stiemerling comment's on draft-ietf-stox-groupchat

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 10:58:36 -0700

Again, my apologies for missing the comments in the IESG evaluation record.

Martin Stiemerling wrote:

    Two question about this text out of the ACK section:
    "Some text in this document was borrowed from [RFC7247] and from
    [XEP-0045]."

    This draft has the standard IETF copyright template upfront and
    'borrows' text from [XEP-0045]. I assume borrows actually mean
    copying text, isn't it?

    Do the authors and the responsible AD see any conflicts between the
    copyright of [XEP-0045] and the copyright of this document?

    Are the borrowed text parts out of [XEP-0045] marked somehow? I
    could find the parts.

I just scanned draft-ietf-stox-groupchat and I could not find any text 
copied from XEP-0045. We might have had such text in an earlier version, 
but I don't see any now. Thus I think it would be best to remove that 
acknowledgement (after verifying that there is indeed no copied text).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/