Subject: [Stox] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-stox-chat-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:58:38 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stox-chat-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-chat/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Section 1 --

   In SIP-based systems that use MSRP, a chat session is formally
   negotiated just as any other session type is using SIP.

Nit: you need an appositive comma before "using SIP".

-- Section 6 --

   Here the idle state indicates that the
   sender is not actively composing a message, and the active state
   indicates that the sender is indeed actively composing a message (the
   sending client simply toggles between the two states, changing to
   active if the user is actively composing a message and changing to
   idle if the user is no longer actively composing a message).

This really sounds repetitious (because the repeating sounds repetitious
when it repeats).  I think you could end the parenthetical after "toggles
between the two states", because you've really already said the rest.

-- Section 11 --
The second paragraph looks like it's exactly the same as what's added in
stox-im, and that's a normative reference already.  Why not add a
citation to the security considerations in stox-im, and delete the second
paragraph, incorporating it by reference?