Subject: [Stox] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-stox-7248bis-13: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 06:48:39 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-stox-7248bis-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-7248bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a small suggested edit for text in Section 9.2. I think the
normative "MUST honor data about ..." construction is vague.

OLD
Therefore, a gateway MUST honor data about
   the intended recipient of a presence notification (as represented by
   the 'to' address for XMPP and by the Request-URI for SIP) and it MUST
   NOT route or deliver a presence notification to any other entities,
   because it does not possess information about authorization to
   receive presence notifications for such entities - that information
   resides at the user's home service, not at the receiving gateway).

NEW
Therefore, a gateway MUST
   NOT route or deliver a presence notification to any entity other than
the intended recipient (as represented by
   the 'to' address for XMPP and by the Request-URI for SIP),
   because it does not possess information about authorization to
   receive presence notifications for such entities - that information
   resides at the user's home service, not at the receiving gateway).

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - Filament <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 11:39:51 -0600

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-7248bis/

Yes, that's more concise. Will fix before publication.

Thanks for the review!

Peter