Subject: [straw] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp-09: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 08:13:10 -0800

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-dtls-srtp/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the idea of documenting the methods used for MiTM to provide ways
to avoid that in practice, but support Alyssa'a discuss points to make
this point more clear (purpose of this documentation) and her concerns
about what happens in actual implementations.  I'd like to hear more on
whether this should be standards track or informational as well and will
follow along with her discuss thread.