Subject: [Suit] draft-ietf-suit-information-model-07

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 11:55:35 +0200

Hi all,

I have just submitted version -07 of the information model draft with the
following changes:

*	Editorial changes,
*	RFC 2119 changes in Section 4.5.11 (see below), and
*	Removal of references to CWT, COSE and CMS (because they are not
relevant for this type of the document).

None of these changes have an impact on the manifest format.

Here is the new version:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-suit-information-model-07

Here is the diff:

https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-suit-information-model-07.txt

Change in Section 4.5.11:

FROM:

   The manifest must be held immutable between
   verification and processing (see REQ.SEC.MFST.CONST
   (
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-suit-information-model-06#section-4.
3.20> Section 4.3.20)), so a larger manifest will consume more memory with
   immutability guarantees, for example internal RAM or NVRAM, or
   external secure memory.
.

   If the manifest exceeds the available

   immutable memory, then it must be processed modularly, evaluating

   each of: delegation chains, the security container, and the actual

   manifest, which includes verifying the integrated payload.

TO:

   The manifest MUST be held immutable between
   verification and processing (see REQ.SEC.MFST.CONST
   (
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-suit-information-model-06#section-4.
3.20> Section 4.3.20)), so a larger manifest will consume more memory with
   immutability guarantees, for example internal RAM or NVRAM, or
   external secure memory.
.
   If the manifest exceeds the available
   immutable memory, then it MUST be processed modularly, evaluating
   each of: delegation chains, the security container, and the actual
   manifest, which includes verifying the integrated payload.

Ciao

Hannes