Subject: [Suit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-suit-architecture-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 06:41:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Software Updates for Internet of Things WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Firmware Update Architecture for Internet of Things
        Authors         : Brendan Moran
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          David Brown
                          Milosch Meriac
	Filename        : draft-ietf-suit-architecture-13.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2020-10-16

Abstract:
   Vulnerabilities with Internet of Things (IoT) devices have raised the
   need for a reliable and secure firmware update mechanism suitable for
   devices with resource constraints.  Incorporating such an update
   mechanism is a fundamental requirement for fixing vulnerabilities but
   it also enables other important capabilities such as updating
   configuration settings as well as adding new functionality.

   In addition to the definition of terminology and an architecture this
   document motivates the standardization of a manifest format as a
   transport-agnostic means for describing and protecting firmware
   updates.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-suit-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-suit-architecture-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-suit-architecture-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-suit-architecture-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/