Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-advertising-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:08:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Advertising Services  (Providing information 
                          to support service discovery)
	Author(s)	: M. Hamilton, R. Moats
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-advertising-05.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 22-Feb-99
	
   This document proposes a solution to the problem of finding
   information about that services are being offered at a particular
   Internet domain, based on deployment experience with the Netfind
   White Pages directory software.
 
   This approach makes it possible to supply clients with more
   information than the DNS aliases that have been widely deployed in
   this role - notably the port numbers being used by servers.  However,
   it is not without problems, and we have tried to take account of
   these.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-advertising-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-advertising-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-advertising-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.