Subject: new version of mini SLPv2 available (1.0 beta 2)

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:40:01 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

I have posted a new version of the Mini SLPv2 reference implementation.
It implements the specification which is published in draft 13 of the
protocol specification and draft 9 of the api spec.  These are the
versions we expect to go to RFC documents.

Several bugs have been fixed and platform support has been expanded
(using shared libraries on the unix platforms, for instance.)  Service
Type and Attribute requests are supported now, optionally.  As before,
these features are conditionally compiled.

This is a 'beta two' release since there are two more feature I plan
to add:  UTF-8 support and optional service registration and deregistration
from the API.

Please send me any comments, bug reports, etc. you have about the release.
I will be on vacation till April 19, though.

Please register this version too, so I can keep track of who to inform
when I have bug fix patches :-).

Erik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erik Guttman                                     Germany: +49 7263 911 701
Sun Microsystems - Advanced Network Development  USA:      +1 650 786 5992