Subject: Final final modifications on drafts.

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:10:54 +0100 (MET)

I requested that the following documents be balloted on by the IESG:

  draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-12.txt     (to Proposed Standard)
  draft-ietf-svrloc-service-scheme-14.txt  (to Proposed Standard)
  draft-ietf-svrloc-api-08.txt             (to Informational)

In preparing the final documents for submission (the internet drafts will
appear shortly,) I made these final final modifications to
draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-12.txt:

   1. Everywhere I mention that a request is sent or received without
      the MCAST REQUEST flag set in the header, it was implied that the
      request is unicast.  I added explicit text to that effect. 

   2. I modified the acknowledgments section to include Ye Gu and
      Peter Ford of Microsoft.  They worked hard over the past few
      weeks to ensure LDAP compatibility and that a lightweight
      implementation of SLPv2 would be feasible. 

   3. I added to the appendix on SLPv2 SAs advertising services without
      attributes:  They may only advertise service types whose templates
      which specifically do not include attributes.  They may not advertise
      service of types whose service templates define attributes. 

   4. I fixed John Veizades' postal address.

I modified draft-ietf-svrloc-service-scheme-14.txt:

  I added a minor clarification to the use of the "template" attributes: 

      Note that the 'template-type', 'template-version',
      'template-description' and 'template-url-syntax' have all been
      defined as attributes.  These attributes MAY accompany any
      service registration using SLPv2. 
 
   And in the example which shows how to include these attributes can be
   included in a SLPv2 SrvReg attribute list: 

                                                           Note that the
      template attributes have been included in this registration.  This
      is OPTIONAL, but makes it possible to discover which template was
      used to register the service.

Erik Guttman
SVRLOC WG Chair