Subject: IETF 44 - SVRLOC WG Meeting

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:08:12 +0100 (MET)

I have requested a two hour slot for a working group meeting.
Items I know that we have on our plate are:

  1. Service Template to LDAPv3 Schema conversion and compatibility.
  2. SLPv2 over IPv6 draft - Numerical IPv6 addresses in URLs - how to do it?
  3. Finding Stuff (How to discover services) and Advertising Services
     (Providing information to support service discovery) to Experimental?
     Do these drafts need to be changed in light of recent developments?
  4. Path to completion of work items and quiescence of the SVRLOC WG.

The following documents have been submitted to IESG for balloting:

  draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-12.txt
  draft-ietf-svrloc-service-scheme-14.txt
  draft-ietf-svrloc-api-08.txt

If these documents are accepted then we will have less to talk about.
In this case all the service template drafts in the directory will be
sumbitted as service templates to the IANA.  The only Working Group 
drafts remaining to consider will be:

  draft-ietf-svrloc-advertising-04.txt          Experimental
  draft-ietf-svrloc-discovery-10.txt            Experimental
  draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-05.txt                 Proposed Standard
  draft-ietf-svrloc-slp-mib-00.txt              ?
  draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-03.txt  Informational

Discussing the status of these and figuring out how to complete them
will be the main focus of the WG meeting.

If any of the documents before the IESG run into problems we can of
course discuss their issues at the WG meeting.

Does anyone else have an agenda item they would like to suggest?

Erik