Subject: final changes for draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-14.txt

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:53:39 +0200 (MET DST)

The following are the only changes made between draft 13 and draft 14.
These comments arose during the final comments of the IESG.

The following changes were made:

	1. CONFIG_MC_RETRY has been omitted.

	2. SrvAck and SrvDeReg headers have been made consistent with
	   previously defined constants.

	3. A textual modification from draft 12 to draft 13 introduced
	   an inconsistency which has been removed.  One sentance had
	   been clarified and replaced, but the offending sentence had
	   mistakenly not been removed in draft 13.

	4. The typo "SLP SLP" has been replaced with "SLP SPI" the 
	   three places it occured.

The 'diff' of these changes is annotated below, as

% diff draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-13.txt
draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-14.txt

868,870c868,871
<    Requests to SAs or to discover DAs are multicast repeatedly (with a
<    recommended wait interval of CONFIG_MC_RETRY) until there are no new
<    responses, or CONFIG_MC_MAX seconds have elapsed.
---
>    Requests to SAs or to discover DAs are multicast repeatedly
>    exponentially backing off (doubling the wait interval each time)
>    until there are no new responses, or CONFIG_MC_MAX seconds have
>    elapsed.

	This removes the only mention of CONFIG_MC_RETRY.  Now that 
	multicast discovery uses exponential back off, a fixed value
	is no longer reccomended.

1247,1250c1247,1249
<    The service reply contains one or more URL entries (see Section 4.3)
<    that satisfy a SrvRqst.  If the reply overflows, the UA MAY simply
<    use the first URL Entry in the list.  A URL obtained by SLP may
<    not be cached longer than Lifetime seconds, unless there is a URL
---
>    If the reply overflows, the UA MAY simply use the first URL Entry
>    in the list.  A URL obtained by SLP may not be cached longer than
>    Lifetime seconds, unless there is a URL Authenticator block present.

	The first sentence in this paragraph was erroneous and unneccesary
	after the addition of the previous paragraph (which was added in
	draft 13.)

1347c1347
<      |          Service Location header (function = SrvAck = 4)      |
---
>      |          Service Location header (function = SrvAck = 5)      |

	The values in the header definition for SrvAck did not agree with
	their formal definition previously.  This change makes the 
	specification consistent.

1910c1910
<    The <PRList>, <scope-list> and <SLP SLP> string are interpreted as
---
>    The <PRList>, <scope-list> and <SLP SPI> string are interpreted as

	SLP SLP was a typo.  

1927c1927
<    included when attributes when a SLP SLP List string is included,
---
>    included when attributes when a SLP SPI List string is included,

	SLP SLP was a typo.  

2081c2081
<      |         Service Location header (function = SrvDeReg = 5)     |
---
>      |         Service Location header (function = SrvDeReg = 4)     |

	The values in the header definition for SrvDeReg did not agree 
	with their formal definition previously.  This change makes the 
	specification consistent.

2460,2462d2459
< CONFIG_MC_RETRY      6.3      back off        Retry multicast query
<                               by doubling     until no new values

	The constant CONFIG_MC_RETRY is no longer referred to in Section 
	6.3 so it is omitted in draft 14.

2559c2556
<                in SLP SLP Strings.
---
>                in SLP SPI Strings.

	SLP SLP was a typo.  

Erik Guttman