Subject: two minor issues with draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:06:23 -0700 (PDT)

Two comments have been made by the IESG about the final version
of the protocol spec:  The new clarifying text in section 8.2 
has been added (the following paragraph):

   The service reply contains zero or more URL entries (see
   Section 4.3).  A service reply with zero URL entries MUST be returned
   in response to a unicast Service Request, if no matching URLs are
   present.  A service reply with zero URL entries MUST NOT be sent in
   response to a multicast or broadcast service request (instead, if
   there was no match found or an error processing the request, the
   service reply should not be generated at all).

   The service reply contains one or more URL entries (see Section 4.3)
   that satisfy a SrvRqst.  

The sentence following the paragraph must be struck (deleted) in the
final version as it is incorrect and has been replaced by the preceding
paragraph.

Secondly, the configuration value 

CONFIG_MC_RETRY      6.3      back off        Retry multicast query
                              by doubling     until no new values
                              the wait        arrive.

is no longer necessary since it is not a timeout value (in seconds)
but rather a rule (to use exponential backoff.)  CONFIG_MC_RETRY will
be omitted in the document.

These are the final changes slated for the document before it is
submitted to the RFC editor.

Erik Guttman
SLPv2 editor in chief