Subject: Scope BCP Draft?

From: James Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:44:43 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding Todd and Mikael's comments about scopes, what would people think
about doing a Best Current Practices draft on how to interpret scopes
in SLPv2? This would clarify the ambiguities in 2608, 2610, and 2614.
The intent is not to break any new ground but simply clarify how scopes
are interpreted given the current specification.

I'll be happy to act as editor, and, if people like the idea, we can
use Mikael's proposal as the bulk of the draft, since it corresponds
to how we are doing scopes in Solaris 8 SLP as well.

		jak

---

From: Mikael Pahmp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 21:55:16 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: James Kempf [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: den 13 september 1999 9:45 
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Scope BCP Draft?
> 
> 

This is important. An administrator wants the same behaviour from all SLP
agents when applying his administration strategy.

Since it seems that both Novell, Sun and Axis has done similar
interpretations this should not be too difficult.

/Mikael

---

From: "Roger Holm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:16:19 -0600

I would be interested in being part of this effort.

Roger Holm

>>> James Kempf <[email-masked]> 09/13/99 01:44PM >>>

		jak