Subject: Re: WG LAST CALL: draft-guttman-svrloc-vendor-ext-00.txt

From: "Todd Rupper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:37:43 -0700

Erik,

I haven't seen the Vendor Extensions Draft or the Attribute List Extensions.  I don't see them on the working group page.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Todd.

Todd Rupper
[email-masked]
801-861-5763

>>> Erik Guttman <[email-masked]> 01/06/00 12:47AM >>>
The following document is entering Working Group Last Call.  It is an 
individual submission, but it relates to the work of the SVRLOC WG. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Engineering Task Froce                            Erik Guttman
INTERNET DRAFT                                         Sun Microsystems
8 December 1999
Expires in six months

       Vendor Extensions for Service Location Protocol, Version 2
                 draft-guttman-svrloc-vendor-ext-00.txt

Abstract

   The Service Location Protocol, Version 2 [1] contains a number of
   features which are left up to vendors.  This document describes how
   each of these features can be used safely (with no possibility of
   name collisions).  This document also describes how vendors can
   extend the protocol safely without requiring any IETF standardization
   work.  Finally, this document defines a new extension to the SLPv2:
   The Vendor Opaque extension.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please send comments to the [email-masked] mailing list in the
next two weeks.  If there are no comments by January 21 which 
necessitate revision, this document will be submitted to the 
IESG for consideration to promote it to an Informational RFC.

Erik Guttman
SVRLOC WG Chair

---

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:03:20 +0100 (MET)

> Erik,
> 
> I haven't seen the Vendor Extensions Draft or the Attribute List Extensions. 
> I don't see them on the working group page.
> 

Todd,

Since SVRLOC is on the short track to completing its charter (really! :)
new work on SLP is being done as individual submissions.  The draft that
I posted the WG last call on is an individual submission (by me).  You
can obtain the drafts at

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guttman-svrloc-vendor-ext-00.txt
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guttman-slpv2-attrlist-ext-01.txt

Since the mailing list was sick (its fixed now!) the WG LAST CALL notice
was delayed.  For that reason, the WG LAST CALL will go through Feb 25
not the previously mentioned Feb 21.

Thanks everyone for reviewing these documents.  They will hopefully be 
advanced to Informational RFC.  They are extensions to the base protocol
which would significantly add to its scalability and extensibility in
my opinion.  

Erik