From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:44:53 -0800

Copies: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
        Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
        SVRLOC WG <[email-masked]>
        IPP WG <[email-masked]>

Hi folks,                                       Monday (31 January 2000)

I've just sent the final version of 'Definition of the Printer Abstract
Service Type' to the Internet-Drafts editor and posted a shadow copy on
the PWG server at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_SLP/draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-05.tx
t

Erik - please register this 'printer:' template with IANA - thanks.
Carl-Uno Manros (chair IETF IPP WG) wants this 'printer:' template
registered with IANA as soon as possible.

All changes from the previous (October 1999) draft are based on IETF IPP
WG reviews Wednesday (12 January 2000) and Wednesday (26 January 2000).

Harry Lewis (IBM) and I are working on an LDAP schema translation of
this template (following James Kempf's SLP to LDAP conversion spec).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (consulting architect at Sharp Labs America)
  High North Inc
  [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes from previous version (October 1999)

1)  Changed title to 'Definition of Printer Abstract Service Type'
    (per request of Ron Bergman, Hitachi)

2)  Changed 'template-version' attribute to '1.0'
    (for IANA-registered version of template)

3)  Corrected typo in 'hostname' element of 'template-url-syntax'
    (per request of Ron Bergman, Hitachi)

4)  Corrected typo in 'printer-uri-supported' attribute example
    (per request of Tom Hastings, Xerox)

5)  Revised 'printer-uri-supported', 'uri-authentication-supported', and
    'uri-security-supported' descriptions of use '>' in ordered lists
    (for clarity - no change in usage)

6)  Revised 'printer-location' attribute description to state that
    meaningful support is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
    (per request of Tom Hastings, Xerox)

7)  Revised 'printer-location' attribute example
    (for clarity - no change in usage)

8)  Added new section 5.1 'Rationale for Required Attributes'
    (per IETF IPP WG review)

9)  Added new section 6.1 'Rationale for Optional Attributes'
    (per IETF IPP WG review)

10) Corrected contact info in section 13 'Authors Addresses'
    (for Ira McDonald's current email address)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copies: "Internet Drafts Editor" <[email-masked]>
        "Pete St. Pierre" <[email-masked]>
        "Ira McDonald" <[email-masked]>

I-D Editor,                                     Monday (31 January 2000)

SVRLOC:

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-05.txt> (January 2000)

It replaces the previous:

    <draft-ietf-svrloc-printer-scheme-04.txt> (October 1999)

This draft has been updated based on the IETF IPP WG's final review of
the previous (October 1999) draft.  This draft is a conforming superset
of Appendix E 'Generic Directory Schema' in the IPP/1.1 Model,
<draft-ietf-ipp-model-v11-04.txt> (work-in-progress, June 1999).

Thanks very much,
- Ira McDonald (SVRLOC WG and IPP WG member)
  High North Inc
  [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------