Subject: WG LAST CALL: draft-guttman-slpv2-attrlist-ext-01.txt

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:47:40 +0100 (MET)

The following document is entering Working Group Last Call.  It is an 
individual submission, but it relates to the work of the SVRLOC WG. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Engineering Task Force                             Erik Guttman
INTERNET DRAFT                                          Sun Microsystems
                                                         11 October 1999

       Attribute List Extension for the Service Location Protocol
                draft-guttman-slpv2-attrlist-ext-01.txt

Abstract

   The Service Location Protocol, Version 2 provides a mechanism for a
   service to be discovered in a single exchanged of messages.  This
   exchange of messages does not presently include any of the service's
   attributes.  This document specifies a SLPv2 extension which allows
   a User Agent to request a service's attributes be included as an
   extension to Service Reply messages.  This will eliminate the need
   for multiple round trip messages for a UA to acquire all service
   information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please send comments to the [email-masked] mailing list in the
next two weeks.  If there are no comments by January 21 which 
necessitate revision, this document will be submitted to the 
IESG for consideration to promote it to an Informational RFC.

Erik Guttman
SVRLOC WG Chair

---

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:33:01 +0100 (MET)

I am retrying this message since it did not seem to make it to the
mailing list.  Apologies if this is a duplicate message.

Abstract

Erik Guttman
SVRLOC WG Chair