Subject: Looking for SLPv1 SA source code

From: "Khwaja H. Ehsan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:11:56 -0700 (PDT)

I was wondering if anybody can help me obtain a copy of the old SLPv1
source code that implements the SLPv1 RCF 2165? Any old beta code will
be fine too. However a C/C++ implementation will be more useful to me
but at this point I think I can live with implementation in any
language.

I have downloaded the latest SLPv2 source code from the Sun web site.
However, I later realized that Novell NetWare client acting as a SLP v1
user agent can not communicate directly with SLP v2 service agents.
Also our product acting as a SLP v2 user agent could not communicate
directly with a Novell NetWare 5 server acting as SLP v1 service agent.
Both scenarios require a SLP v2 Directory agent to successfully
communicate. 

Therefore, either I have to wait until Novell updates to the SLPv2 RFC
(unknown when this will occur), or I must implement SLPv1 support.

Thank you all in advance.

Khwaja Ehsan

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com/