Subject: Template repository

From: Evan Hughes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

Is 

ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/svrloc-templates/

the only template repository? 

Has anyone done any work with using SLP to locate license servers?

e

---

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:00:50 +0200 (MET DST)

> Has anyone done any work with using SLP to locate license servers?

That is the template repository.  In order to register service
templates with that repository, just write up an internet draft
which describes the template and include a template in RFC 2609
format.  I am the 'designated expert' for IANA who reviews the
submissions.  Send me mail and let me know that you want to have
the template submitted.  If it looks alright, I'll submit it.

There has been less than a week turn around on well formed templates.
Though many templates have required months of discussion to finalize,
your application may be something which is straightforward.

Erik