Subject: Whither draft-zhao-slp-da-interaction-07.txt?

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:11:32 +0200 (MET DST)

I would like to ask the opinion of the WG about how to proceed
with advancing a specification.

    "mSLP - Mesh-enhanced Service Location Protocol"
       <draft-zhao-slp-da-interaction-07.txt>
  
This draft defines SLPv2 DA to DA communication.  It is fully
backwardly compatible with SLPv2, but allows enhanced DAs to
improve the reliability and consistency of operation.  SAs which
are enhanced do not need to keep track of all DAs in their scope:
They can forward their registrations to a single mesh enhanced
DA which will take care of further forwarding.

Since this protocol was developed outside of the WG and without
WG input the authors had considered advancing it to Experimental.

IMO, the protocol specification is good, and it has been implemented
successfully.  Members of the WG have reacted positively to the idea
of recommending it in SLPv2bis.  

So, should we advance draft-zhao-slp-da-interaction-07.txt as a 
Standards Track document?  If you think so, please let me know
soon so I can call a Working Group Last Call.

Erik