Subject: Keyword attributes

From: Evan Hughes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:48:17 -0400 (EDT)

Can keyword attributes have an associated value? According to RFC 2609,
"Keywords are attributes that have no characteristics other than their
existance..." [p18, RFC 2609]. Does this mean that keywords are _not_
allowed to have a value?

 Additionally, RFC 2608 does not explicitly mention keyword attributes
(see p.11), but it does specify that an attribute is of the form:

attribute = `(' attr-tag `=' attr-val-list `)' / attr-tag

 Is the bare attr-tag syntax meant to be used for keywords? (I assume so,
but I'm just checking =)

 Additionally: p11 of RFC 2608 states that opaque values MUST start with a
"\FF". Is this being upheld? If so, I suggest that the SLPEscapeOpaque
functionality be responsible for prepending the "\FF".

e

---

From: Evan Hughes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:34:39 -0400 (EDT)

>  Is the bare attr-tag syntax meant to be used for keywords? (I assume so,

  Ignore above. I just read page 12 of 2608... =)

> functionality be responsible for prepending the "\FF".

  Do not ignore this. 

e