Subject: Re: SLPFindAttrs()

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:08:05 +0200 (MET DST)

> 
>  Quick question: If SLPFindAttrs() is called with a service type, it
> returns the attributes of every service of that type. How can the UA tell
> which host belongs to a specific set of attributes?
>   
>  Would it make sense to add a URL field to the SLPAttrCallback()  
> parameters?
> 
> e
> 

No - the purpose of the call is to get all attrs and their values.
It is not possible (given the protocol) to distinguish which service
corresponds to which URL.  This feature has not proven useful and is
a pain to implement.  Therefore, there seems to be broad agreement to
drop it in SLPv2bis - that is SLPv2 as it will be as it moves forward
to draft standard.  At that time, we will DEPRECATE the ability to call
SLPFindAttrs() with just a service type.

Erik