Subject: draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04.txt (20 December 2000)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:34:20 -0800

Copies: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
        IPP WG <[email-masked]>
        SVRLOC WG <[email-masked]>

Hi folks,                                   Wednesday (20 December 2000)

I've just sent a new version of 'IPP: LDAP Schema for Printer Services'
to the Internet-Drafts editor and posted a copy on the PWG server in the
directory 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_LDAP/' in the file:

    draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04.txt (December 2000)

Changes are described in my note the I-D Editor below.

Carl-Uno Manros (IETF IPP WG chair) will notify our IETF Applications
Area Directors and the other IESG members that this is the final draft
ready for publication as an IETF 'standards track' RFC.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Xerox and Sharp
  High North Inc
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]

PS - '.pdf' version will be available in January when Tom Hastings
returns from vacation and make it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copies: "Internet Drafts Editor" <[email-masked]>
        "Pat Fleming" <[email-masked]>
        "Harry Lewis" <[email-masked]>
        "Ken Jones" <[email-masked]>
        "Ira McDonald" <[email-masked]>
        "Ira McDonald" <[email-masked]>

I-D Editor,                                 Wednesday (20 December 2000)

IETF IPP WG:

Please place this document in the Internet-Drafts repository named:

    <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-04.txt> (December 2000)

It replaces the previous:

    <draft-ietf-ipp-ldap-printer-schema-03.txt> (August 2000)

This document defines a translation of the SLP 'printer' template to an
equivalent LDAP 'printer' schema.  It is a a conforming superset of
Appendix E 'Generic Directory Schema' IPP/1.1 Model, RFC 2911, September
2000.

This draft has been updated:  a) to assign complete OIDs to all newly
defined LDAP schema and LDAP attributes (in the IBM managed LDAP OID
tree); b) to correct references to IPP and SLP RFCs (issued since the
August 2000 previous draft); and c) to correct authors' contact info.

Thanks very much,
- Ira McDonald (IPP WG member, co-editor of LDAP printer schema)
  High North Inc
  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------