Subject: tcpdump/ethereal decodes for SLP v1 and v2?

From: Ganesan Rajagopal <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Dec 2000 11:30:38 +0530

Hi,

Is anyone working on adding SLP decodes to tcpdump and ethereal
(www.ethereal.com)? A google search shows an old (1997) posting in srvloc
about adding support to tcpdump and another old (1998) posting in
ethereal-dev.

I've been using snoop on Solaris 8 which has been extremely helpful in
debugging OpenSLP development (http://www.openslp.org). I'd like a similar
tool for other OSs. 

Ganesan

-- 
R. Ganesan ([email-masked])       | Ph: 91-80-5721856 Ext: 2149
Novell India Development Center.       | #include <std_disclaimer.h>

---

From: Matthieu Desmons <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 09:10:37 +0100

Hi Ganesan,

AFAIK Ethereal decodes SLPv1. It doesn't use SLP but SRVLOC as a
protocol name.

Unfortunately the parser does not handle SLPv2 correctly, so there's
place for improvement. Probably someone can take the current SLPv1
parser of Ethereal as a good starting point and extend it ?

Regards,
Matthieu

Ganesan Rajagopal wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Openslp-devel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/openslp-devel

---

From: Ganesan Rajagopal <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Dec 2000 15:05:20 +0530

>>>>> "Matthieu" == Matthieu Desmons <[email-masked]> writes:

> AFAIK Ethereal decodes SLPv1. It doesn't use SLP but SRVLOC as a

I should have known to check under that name :-). Thanks for the input. I'll
check it out. 

> parser of Ethereal as a good starting point and extend it ?

Any body willing to take this up? If nobody volunteers within a week, I'll
take a shot at it myself.

Ganesan