Subject: SLP sun implementation

From: Hend Koubaa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:38:57 +0200

Hi,

 I have just begun looking for the Sun implementation of SLP.
I wonder if DA is not implemented, I have found only mslpd that
implements Sa and mslplib_testagent that imlements UA.

Thanks for help.

Hend

---

From: erik guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:20:39 -0800

> implements Sa and mslplib_testagent that imlements UA.

Hend,

You found a reference implementation which includes source code.
Solaris 2.8 includes SLP for which source is not available except
for the whole of solaris I guess.  You can find the slp implementation
in Solaris in 

/usr/lib/libslp.so (for linking with C programs, implements RFC 2614 
C slp api)
/etc/inet/slp.conf (config file must exist to start slpd)
/usr/share/lib/slp/slp.jar (implements RFC 2614 java slp api)

Erik

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
E r i k   G u t t m a n                  
Sr Staff Engineer, Sun Microsystems