Subject: SLPReg() for SA's

From: Timothy S Zurcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:09:15 -0700

An SA will use SLPReg() to register the services that it offers.  
My understanding is that it should also make an *explicit* call to SLPReg()
to register itself as a "service:service-agent".  That is, there's not
an *implicit* registration (as "service:service-agent") just because 
SLPReg() is called for some other service.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
Tim Zurcher

---

From: Matt Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:10:05 -0600

> SLPReg() is called for some other service.  Is this correct?

No, there is no need to call SLPReg() for the special
"service:service-agent".  At least in the OpenSLP implementation (and
probably others), the "service:service-agent" and
"service:directory-agent" service type are special cases handled
automatically by slpd. 

-- 
Matthew Peterson
Sr. Software Engineer
Caldera Systems, Inc
[email-masked]