Subject: While the SRVLOC WG has concluded, SRVLOC work goes on

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:10:39 +0200 (MET DST)

As of May 31, 2001, the IETF SVRLOC working group has concluded.
A mailing list has been set up to facilitate continued work on SLP 
 
 - organizing interoperability testing (late 2001, we hope)
 - advancing the protocol to draft standard (by mid 2002)
 - discussing deployment, security or other issues which arise
 - making announcements of note to those following SLP

srvloc.org was long hosted by neato.org - graciously maintained
by Bob Page and administered by Pete St. Pierre.  Our new host
is sourceforge.net.  

Sourceforge policy requires that users subscribe themselves.
Please, if you are interested in continuing to follow SLP, 
subscribe.  All you need to do is to go the following site
fill out the form and follow the steps indicated.

  http://lists.sf.net/lists/listinfo/srvloc-discuss

Please note that the www.srvloc.org has been updated.  See:

  http://www.srvloc.org

Erik Guttman
(Former) SVRLOC WG chair

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Important SLP links

 Mini SLPv2 release 1.1 - http://www.sun.com/research/slp

 Open SLP release 0.9.0 - http://www.openslp.org

 Kempf & Associates SLP (DA for Windows NT) - [email-masked]
   (Temporarily not available for direct download.)

 RFC 3111 SLP Modifications for IPv6 - ftp://ftp.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3111.txt

 Service template discussion list - [email-masked]

 Service template discussion archive -
   http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/svrloc-template/

 SLP extension ID assignments -
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/svrloc-extensions

 SLP template repository - 
   http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/svrloc-templates/

 Vendor Opaque Extension internet draft (soon to proposed standard)
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guttman-svrloc-vendor-ext-04.txt

 mSLP - SLP mesh enhancements (soon to proposed standard)
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhao-slp-da-interation-10.txt
 soon it will be:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhao-slp-da-interation-11.txt

 Exclusion Extension for Service Location Protocol v2
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-day-svrloc-exclusion-01.txt