Subject: Re: [SWMP] Use Case 1: Initialization from a URL

From: Roland Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:42:30 +0200

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 1.  I assume that the URL takes the form 
> "swmp://VWServer.VWHostCompany.com/shard"

The URL format will have to be specified. The shard is something
that the client - that is, the connecting peer that evaluates the
URL - can deal with. But it would also be useful to pass some
information from the URL on to the server side, for example to
carry an authentication from the HTTP session over to the SWMP
session. For sure, the "VWServer.VWHostCompany.com" part will
have to be transmitted to allow for virtual host selection.

In other words, I believe that either the HELLO message should
allow for more information than discussed so far, or that new
message types are required to transmit context information.

cheers,
  Roland

_______________________________________________
SWMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/swmp