Subject: [T2TRG] Planning Japan

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 22:56:21 +0200

With the summer vacation period coming to and end, and just about 10
weeks left towards the W3C and IETF meetings in Japan late
October/early November, it is time to start gelling our meeting plans.

It seems that W3C IG WoT is going to have their F2F on Oct 29/30
(Thursday/Friday) at the Sapporo TPAC.  This means the best time for
another joint meeting is Oct 31/Nov 1, the same Saturday/Sunday slot
we had in Prague.  For various reasons (among which a possible
cooperation with the IETF Hackathon scheme on the same weekend ranks
high), it is probably going to work better to ask the W3C crowd to
come to Yokohama than to get the IRTF crowd to fly to Sapporo (and,
for many, then to Yokohama for the IETF).  We are going to start early
on Saturday 2015-10-31 (09:00) and end officially on Sunday 2015-11-01
at 16:00 again, but of course the Hackathon is going to run on.

For the people planning to join both the W3C F2F and the IRTF T2TRG
meeting: An international airport close to Yokohama is Haneda (HND),
much closer than Narita (NRT).  Maybe you want to use this for flying
in to Japan (and connecting to Sapporo CTS) as well; there are dozens
of flights per day between HND and CTS.

Logistics aside: The objective of the joint meeting should be to
further our common understanding of how IoT/WoT is really going to
work, with discovery, thing descriptions, proper REST usage (as in
HATEOAS), lifecycle support and usable security all in the picture.

This is best done by looking at concrete examples, as opposed to
pushing around clouds in the abstract.  To this end, T2TRG has started
to work on reference scenarios that can be used to highlight the best
way to use the emerging architectures.  For Japan, we are going to
take this one step further: come with implementations and do a
plugfest (what we called plugREST in Prague).

To pull this off, the next 10 weeks will be interesting.
Please use this list as much as possible to coordinate what you plan
to bring to Japan, in terms of implementations as well as in terms of
documents and wikis.

Grüße, Carsten