Subject: [T2TRG] Plugfest: Hypermedia for IoT

From: Klaus Hartke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:13:10 +0200

Hypermedia is a great strategy for dealing with change in large-scale,
ever-evolving REST applications such as the World Wide Web. Can it
also work for the Internet of Things? At the T2TRG meeting in Prague
before IETF93, the group decided that we want to investigate this
question by implementing and evolving a simple IoT
benchmark/evaluation scenario.

We want to explore hypermedia-driven REST in combination with
different interaction patterns, data formats, and modelling
techniques. And, in the spirit of "rough consensus and running code",
we want to put our designs to the test by holding plugfests.

As a starting point, the group decided to work with a simple lighting
scenario. A draft has been published at
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hartke-core-lighting-00> that will
be the subject of the first plugfest. The plugfest is intended to take
place at the upcoming T2TRG meeting in Yokohama before IETF94.

Everyone is welcome to bring their implementations and participate in
interoperability tests!

In addition, we want to encourage people to extend the lighting
scenario with interesting new features or to experiment with
alternative approaches to the choices made in the draft, and to demo
their solutions during the T2TRG meeting.

Klaus

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:56:39 +0200

> Everyone is welcome to bring their implementations and participate in

... and, of course, we could be placing some of those servers (and
possibly also some clients), possibly with back-to-back Web interfaces
to simulate their thinginess, on the Internet to be able to run a few
tests even before we meet.  So those of you having an (implementation)
horse in the race, maybe you can set something up early.

Grüße, Carsten