Subject: [T2TRG] RIOT & Summit

From: Emmanuel Baccelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 18:17:29 +0200

Hello everyone,

to clarify following Zach's comment at the t2trg meeting today:

RIOT is a free, open-source, community-driven operating system running on a
wide variety of interconnected low-end IoT devices.
As such, RIOT is an appropriate platform upon which to implement various
IETF protocols targeting IoT.

Everyone is welcome to join the RIOT community (if interested, see [1]).
In particular, the RIOT Summit [2] was open to any participants, and was
announced well in advance on a number of IETF mailing lists, as well as
through other channels.

Following the success of this year's Summit, we will most probably organize
another RIOT Summit next year. Hence, if you missed it this year, you'll
have another chance in a few months from now -- and we are looking forward
to ARM participating this time around (right, Zach? ;)

Cheers,

Emmanuel

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/RIOT-Community-Processes
[2] http://summit.riot-os.org

---

From: Oliver Hahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 18:28:57 +0200

Hi!

> announced well in advance on a number of IETF mailing lists, as well as

And to be clear about this: the RIOT community is very open and eager to
corporate with other project and communities. We're trying not only to provide
an OS to implement and test all kind of IETF IoT protocols, but also to create
a basis for a free and open source IoT ecosystem. Many protocol
implementations such as libcoap, TinyDTLS, CCN-lite or OpenWSN are already
available for multiple platforms and OSes and it would be really great if OS
and driver implementers could continue to join forces even more, in order to
make life for protocol developers easier and help them to run their
implementations on all the available suitable boards and OSes (given that the
licenses are compatible).

Cheers,
Oleg

---

From: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:40:57 +0000

Yes, I heard about it several weeks ago -- on multiple lists.

It was a great event with a good mix of technical presentations, hands-on activities and brainstorming discussion.

Thanks again for organizing -- we should have more events like this.

--
Cheers,
Dirk

> Am 19.07.2016 um 18:29 schrieb Oliver Hahm <[email-masked]>:
> 
> Hi!
> 
> _______________________________________________
> T2TRG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg