Subject: [T2TRG] IoT Edge Challenges and Functions

From: Xavier de Foy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:13:03 -0500

Hi all,

  In this new revision of draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing we developed
section 5 on model and functions, made minor changes to the rest of the
document, and reorganized the sections.

  Comments and suggestions are welcome. The document should be ready for
review (some people volunteered to do so in the Singapore T2TRG meeting).

  Best Regards,

Xavier, on behalf of all co-authors

---

A new version of I-D, draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Xavier de Foy and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing
Revision:02
Title:IoT Edge Challenges and Functions
Document date:2020-01-17
Group:Individual Submission
Pages:29
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-02.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-02
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-02

Abstract:
   Many IoT applications have requirements that cannot be met by
   the traditional Cloud (aka Cloud computing).  These include time
   sensitivity, data volume, uplink cost, operation in the face of
   intermittent services, privacy and security.  As a result, the IoT is
   driving the Internet toward Edge computing.  This document outlines
   the requirements of the emerging IoT Edge and its challenges.  It
   presents a snapshot of the state-of-the-art, a general model, and
   major components of the IoT Edge, with the goal to provide a common
   base for future discussions in T2TRG and other IETF WGs and RGs.