Subject: [T2TRG] draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-04

From: Xavier de Foy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 14:18:57 -0400

Hi All,

  This new version includes the comments/suggestions from Thomas on the
mailing list, and improvements discussed in the IETF 107 presentation
(research challenges added in 4.3.x sections, new distributed system
example in 4.2, security considerations, improvements to flow and
readability).

  Additional comments and reviews are most welcome,

  Best Regards,

Xavier.

---

A new version of I-D, draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-04.txt

has been successfully submitted by Xavier de Foy and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:                  draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing

Revision:              04

Title:                      IoT Edge Challenges and Functions

Document date:               2020-05-25

Group:                  Individual Submission

Pages:                   27

URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-04.txt

Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing/

Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-04

Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing

Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hong-t2trg-iot-edge-computing-04

Abstract:

   Many IoT applications have requirements that cannot be met by the

   traditional Cloud (aka Cloud computing).  These include time

   sensitivity, data volume, uplink cost, operation in the face of

   intermittent services, privacy and security.  As a result, the IoT is

   driving the Internet toward Edge computing.  This document outlines

   the requirements of the emerging IoT Edge and its challenges.  It

   presents a general model, and major components of the IoT Edge, with

   the goal to provide a common base for future discussions in T2TRG and

   other IETF WGs and RGs.

---

From: Thomas Fossati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 17:05:51 +0000

Hi Xavier,

> Additional comments and reviews are most welcome,

This doesn't count as an "additional review" but, FWIW,
I have read the new version and was pleased with the result.

Thanks, cheers!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

---

From: Xavier de Foy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 15:25:03 -0400

Hi Thomas, thanks for taking the time to check the update, and for the
positive feedback. Hopefully new reviewers will help progress the draft
further.
Best Regards,
Xavier.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 1:05 PM Thomas Fossati <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
> confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
> contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
> information in any medium. Thank you.
>