Subject: Re: [tae] [tcpm] A Challenge to TCPM

From: Xiangsong Cui <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:33:36 +0800

> Sure but HTTP is not using SCTP today. Should we look into it?

Sorry for digging this topic in tcpm list, but I think the guys interested
in this topic also cover tcpm.

I think this is an interesting item.

In my remember, a Bar-BoF (or BoF) named "Negotiation BoF" was ever
mentioned at IETF76 (denied by AD at that time).

There is a draft, http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wing-http-new-tech-00, 
and Dan presented this topic at IETF79,
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/slides/tsvwg-9.pptx,

Who can tell me more information about this? I missed the BoF at IETF76.

Thanks and regards,
Xiangsong

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:24:14 +0000

For HTTP over SCTP see discussion in 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wood-tae-specifying-uri-transports
and particularly
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-natarajan-http-over-sctp

This can form part of making HTTP run over more streaming protocols, not just TCP, to adapt it for different/high performane environments:
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/publications/internet-drafts/draft-wood-dtnrg-http-dtn-delivery/lloyd-wood-turning-http-into-a-standalone-layer-ietf-75-tsvarea-slides.pdf
talk given to the TSVAREA meeting, IETF 75, Stockholm, 27 July 2009.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Xiangsong Cui
Sent: 29 November 2010 02:34
To: 'Ali C. Begen (abegen)'; 'Scheffenegger, Richard'; 'Mike Belshe'; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [tae] [tcpm] A Challenge to TCPM

> Sure but HTTP is not using SCTP today. Should we look into it?

Sorry for digging this topic in tcpm list, but I think the guys interested in this topic also cover tcpm.

In my remember, a Bar-BoF (or BoF) named "Negotiation BoF" was ever mentioned at IETF76 (denied by AD at that time).

Thanks and regards,
Xiangsong

_______________________________________________
tae mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tae

---

From: Xiangsong Cui <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:43:27 +0800

Thanks for the information!

Regards,
Xiangsong

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 5:24 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [tae] [tcpm] A Challenge to TCPM
> 
> This can form part of making HTTP run over more streaming protocols, not
just
> TCP, to adapt it for different/high performane environments:
>
http://personal.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/publications/internet-drafts
/
draft-wood-dtnrg-http-dtn-delivery/lloyd-wood-turning-http-into-a-standalone
-l
> ayer-ietf-75-tsvarea-slides.pdf
in this
> topic also cover tcpm.