Subject: [tap] TAP presentation at OSCON

From: Michael G Schwern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:27:24 -0800

I'm planning on submitting a presentation on TAP at OSCON this year.  Cover
the protocol, why it's cool, relationship to xUnit (and how they can live
together), adoption by various projects, etc...  Basically a simple
information and advocacy piece.

I've already got three other proposals, so if anyone would like to co-present
come forward and I'll gladly work with you.  Especially if it's someone
outside of Perl to give a fresh perspective and some "this isn't just a Perl
thing" legitimacy.

-- 
Being faith-based doesn't trump reality.
	-- Bruce Sterling

_______________________________________________
tap mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tap

---

From: Michael Peters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:00:07 -0500

Michael G Schwern wrote:

> come forward and I'll gladly work with you. 

I'd be glad to help out.

> Especially if it's someone

Unfortunately, I'm a Perler :) Feel free to reject me if someone better comes along.

-- 
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP

---

From: Michael G Schwern <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:20:21 -0800

> Unfortunately, I'm a Perler :) Feel free to reject me if someone better

But you are one of the few people doing large scale TAP archiving.

What I'm looking for is breadth of experience with TAP.  I understand it from
the producer and protocol side.  Ovid has volunteered and brings detailed
parser experience.  Michael brings experience using TAP as an archive and test
history.  David Wheeler would bring in using TAP in odd environments via PgTAP
and Javascript showing its flexibility.

What's missing is someone with an xUnit point of view, because that's what
everyone else uses people are going to want to know how it relates.  I can't
really answer those questions.  So if we had someone familiar with xUnit to
help out we'd be all set.

-- 
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you
with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here.
        -- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
_______________________________________________
tap mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tap