Subject: [Taps] Taps via lwIP

From: Emery Hemingway <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 03:53:54 +0000

Hello Taps,

There has been a Taps implementation for the Nim language for quite a while now
but I thought it worth mentioning that now it has an lwIP backend in addition to
BSD sockets. It's several hundreds lines of glue code between the lwIP C API and
the high-level Nim interfaces for Taps. It's still primitive and incomplete, but
it's been successfully tested as an alternative to sockets for use within Solo5
unikernels. Actually the Solo5 network device is the only driver backed tested
so far.

Cheers,
Emery

https://git.sr.ht/~ehmry/nim_taps/tree/trunk/item/src/taps/lwip_types.nim
https://git.sr.ht/~ehmry/nim_taps/tree/trunk/item/src/taps/lwip_implementation.nim

Solo5: https://github.com/solo5/solo5
CoAP+TCP via Taps: https://codeberg.org/eris/nim-coap/src/branch/trunk/src/coap/tcp.nim

---

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 12:42:52 +0100

Hi,

I must admit that I don’t know anything about nim, but I found it interesting the first time this was mentioned (by you? Sorry, I don’t remember). It looks quite interesting to me, and of course it’s great to see implementations.
Many thanks for this update!

Cheers,
Michael

> On Feb 26, 2022, at 4:53 AM, Emery Hemingway <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Taps,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Taps mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/taps