Subject: [Taps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-taps-interface-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 08:47:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Services WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Abstract Application Layer Interface to Transport Services
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Michael Welzl
                          Theresa Enghardt
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Colin Perkins
                          Philipp S. Tiesel
                          Tommy Pauly
	Filename        : draft-ietf-taps-interface-15.txt
	Pages           : 90
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   This document describes an abstract application programming
   interface, API, to the transport layer that enables the selection of
   transport protocols and network paths dynamically at runtime.  This
   API enables faster deployment of new protocols and protocol features
   without requiring changes to the applications.  The specified API
   follows the Transport Services architecture by providing
   asynchronous, atomic transmission of messages.  It is intended to
   replace the BSD sockets API as the common interface to the transport
   layer, in an environment where endpoints could select from multiple
   interfaces and potential transport protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-interface/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-taps-interface-15.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-taps-interface-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts