Subject: [tcmtf] Showing the interest of the Industry on TCMTF

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:13:59 +0200

Hi all,

Gorry raised this question: we have to show the interest of the Industry on
the standardization of TCMTF.

Some Cisco devices implement similar (proprietary) multiplexing schemes,
mainly with the idea of saving pps in VoIP for pps-constrained links (e.g.
satellites):

http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/docs/gov/data_sheet_c78-697643_v1.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/docs/gov/aag_c45-697642_v2.pdf

So an IETF standard would be interesting for

- interoperating with other manufacturers' devices.

- defining a standard way for multiplexing non-RTP flows

Best regards,

Jose

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 15:16:28 +0100

That's interesting to discuss the existing vendor specs. So, if (for
example CISCO) is able to invest energy in writing and implementing the
spec - it could be useful to know who else also wants interoperability
with a new Spec?

Gorry

> Hi all,
>
> Gorry raised this question: we have to show the interest of the Industry
> on the standardization of TCMTF.
>
> _______________________________________________
> tcmtf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcmtf
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 15:16:29 +0100

Gorry