Subject: [tcmtf] Your support emails for TCMTF / Status

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:34:38 +0200

Dear all,

Just to let you know that your responsible AD (me) has seen the number 
of support emails for creating a TCMTF WG and those will be considered 
for the next steps for TCMTF.

As it stands right now, there will be no TCMTF WG at this point of time, 
as the community in the session was half in favor and half not in favor, 
and a number of technical/scope questions weren't fully solved.

However, I assume that Jose, and co-workers, will keep working with the 
list to address the criticisms.

Thanks,

   Martin

-- 
IETF Transport Area Director

[email-masked]

NEC Laboratories Europe
NEC Europe Limited
Registered Office:
Athene, Odyssey Business Park, West End  Road, London, HA4 6QE, GB
Registered in England 2832014

---

From: jsaldana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 18:38:55 +0200

Thanks, Martin.

I confirm I will keep on working on this, especially with the aim of 
addressing the received criticisms. I think the rest of the people are 
not discouraged at all. This requires more work, so let's do it.

Jose

El 2013-08-08 16:34, Martin Stiemerling escribió:
> As it stands right now, there will be no TCMTF WG at this point of
> time, as the community in the session was half in favor and half not
> in favor, and a number of technical/scope questions weren't fully
> solved.
> 
> However, I assume that Jose, and co-workers, will keep working with
> the list to address the criticisms.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Martin

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 12:05:32 -0500

> not discouraged at all. This requires more work, so let's do it.

Hi, Jose,

Just to provide a bit of perspective ... it's not at all unusual for a 
BOF effort to change scope (and that often means "reduce scope") after 
meeting with the broader community. So don't be discouraged - that's a 
good response.

I appreciate your efforts, along with the efforts of other BOF 
proponents, the chairs, and the folk who have provided feedback on this 
mailing list and during the meeting.

Spencer