Subject: [tcmtf] New version (v9) of the TCM-TF Charter draft. Comments

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:41:43 +0100

Hi all.

According to what we have discussed in the list in the last weeks, I have
re-built the Charter. It is in another e-mail, just sent to the list.

These are the main improvements:

a) the points have been reordered in order to show clearly that we are
widening the scope of an already existing standard (RFC4170). We are not
inventing something new, just broadening the scope of an already existing
standard.

b) The explaining of Reinaldo about why a middlebox (instead of allocating
more bandwidth) can be interesting in some cases has been included in number
3.

c) According to what Lars said, I have clearly stated that a single L3 hop
can be covered with ROHC (number 3).

d) Scenarios:

- I have included the classification of David.

- I have removed some scenarios with a single hop, according to what Lars
and Reinaldo said.

e) According to Reinaldo suggestion, I have included number 6 stating that
we want bandwidth savings and pps reductions. I have also included some
figures reporting the expected savings.

f) I have removed the duplicate reference to satellites.

g) I have clearly stated that the "TCM-TF reference model" will clearly
specify the scenarios.

h) In number 8, I have said that "The impact on other protocols will also be
studied."

Thanks a lot for your help,

Jose