Subject: [tcpinc] Call for adoption for draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:43:07 +0200

Hi all,

I'd like to start a call to ask for adoption as working group document of

	draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno-02.

This is the third revision of draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno addressing feedback
provided on the list over the last couple of weeks. Based on this feedback and
the thereby indicated interest of the working group in this work, I believe this 
document is ready to ask for adoption as a starting point to work on a tcp
negotiation option (in a separate document for now).

Please note that as always the adoption of this document does not mean that we
have to publish it as it is, or publish it at all. The adoption only means that
the working group is interested in continuing work on this approach now and that 
the change rights go over to the working group such that we can 'enforce'
changes as a group based on consensus.

Please indicate until

	Monday, Sep 28, 2015

if you support the adoption of draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno-02 as working group
document of not.

As the chair I consider draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno in scope for the charter. To
adopt draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno it is necessary that I see enough interest and
energy in the working group to follow on with this work. Therefore please simply 
indicate if you support this work. If you don't support this work, I as a chair 
would be grateful, if you could provide some reasoning for this. If there is 
enough energy to work on this document, I would only consider strong technical 
flaws or any comments that show that this work would be harmful for the goals of 
the working group as a reason to not adopt the document.

Thanks to all!
Mirja

---

From: Derek Fawcus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:03:37 +0100

> 	draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno-02.

I supports its adoption as a WG document.

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:33:26 -0400

> 	draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno-02.

I support this draft's adoption by the tcpinc working group.

  --dkg

---

From: David Mazieres <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 11:09:13 -0700

> 	draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno-02.

Not surprisingly, I support adoption of the document.

David

---

From: Kyle Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 16:48:38 -0400

I support adoption as a WG document.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 4:43 AM, Mirja Kühlewind
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> the thereby indicated interest of the working group in this work, I believe
> this document is ready to ask for adoption as a starting point to work on a
> tcp
> the working group is interested in continuing work on this approach now and
> that the change rights go over to the working group such that we can
> 'enforce'
> energy in the working group to follow on with this work. Therefore please
> simply indicate if you support this work. If you don't support this work, I
> as a chair would be grateful, if you could provide some reasoning for this.
> If there is enough energy to work on this document, I would only consider
> strong technical flaws or any comments that show that this work would be
> harmful for the goals of the working group as a reason to not adopt the
> document.
>
> Thanks to all!
> Mirja
>
> _______________________________________________
> Tcpinc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpinc

---

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:06:31 +0200

Hi all,

as a quick reminder the adoption call for draft-bittau-tcpinc-tcpeno-02 ends Monday night!

Have a nice weekend!
Mirja

> Am 15.09.2015 um 10:43 schrieb Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> the thereby indicated interest of the working group in this work, I believe this document is ready to ask for adoption as a starting point to work on a tcp
> the working group is interested in continuing work on this approach now and that the change rights go over to the working group such that we can 'enforce'
> energy in the working group to follow on with this work. Therefore please simply indicate if you support this work. If you don't support this work, I as a chair would be grateful, if you could provide some reasoning for this. If there is enough energy to work on this document, I would only consider strong technical flaws or any comments that show that this work would be harmful for the goals of the working group as a reason to not adopt the document.
> 
> Thanks to all!
> Mirja
>

---

From: Eric Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:08:23 -0700

I support adoption (I am a co-author of the draft).

Thanks,
-Eric Smith

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:11:55 -0700

I support adoption of this draft.

-Ekr

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Eric Smith <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> the thereby indicated interest of the working group in this work, I
>>> believe this document is ready to ask for adoption as a starting point to
>>> work on a tcp
>>> the working group is interested in continuing work on this approach now
>>> and that the change rights go over to the working group such that we can
>>> 'enforce'
>>> energy in the working group to follow on with this work. Therefore
>>> please simply indicate if you support this work. If you don't support this
>>> work, I as a chair would be grateful, if you could provide some reasoning
>>> for this. If there is enough energy to work on this document, I would only
>>> consider strong technical flaws or any comments that show that this work
>>> would be harmful for the goals of the working group as a reason to not
>>> adopt the document.
>>>
>>> Thanks to all!
>>> Mirja
>>>

---

From: Andrea Bittau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 14:10:34 -0700

as an author i obviously support adoption

> On Sep 26, 2015, at 01:06, Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
>