Subject: Re: rfc1323
From: Andras Olah <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 10:09:41 +0100

> From: [email-masked] (Andre B Bondi +1 908 949 1921)
> Date: 15 Nov 94 15:15:00 GMT
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Subject: rfc1323
> 
> 
> Greetings!
> At Steve Bellovin's suggestion, I am writing to enquire whether
> you might know of an implementation of rfc1323 (big windows in TCP)
> that is readily available, and with a bit of luck, tried and tested.
> 
> Thanks in advance!

The extensions proposed in RFC-1323 are included in the 4.4BSD-Lite
distribution.  Note also that 4.4BSD-Lite is the basis of two freely
distributable OS's: FreeBSD-2.0 and NetBSD-1.0.  FreeBSD is limited
to i386-based PCs, NetBSD runs on a variety of platforms.

4.4BSD-Lite is available from Berkeley and it's also published by
O'Reilly on CD-ROM.  Send mail to [email-masked] (and probably
[email-masked] works as well, I'm not sure) to learn how to get
FreeBSD (CD-ROM, ftp-sites, mailing-lists, etc).

> 
> Andre B. Bondi, Dept. 1J0K15000, HO 2J414, AT&T Bell Labs, Tel. 908-949-1921
> 

Andras Olah

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 14:50:03 -0800
Posted-Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 14:50:03 -0800
To: [email-masked]
Subject: rfc1323
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Content-Length: 801

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From [email-masked] Tue Nov 15 09:44:00 1994
From: [email-masked] (Andre B Bondi +1 908 949 1921)
Date: 15 Nov 94 15:15:00 GMT
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Original-From: hotlan!abbondi (Andre B Bondi +1 908 949 1921)
Original-To: att!isi.edu!braden
Original-Cc: hotlan!abbondi, research!smb
Subject: rfc1323
Content-Type: text
Content-Length: 312
X-Lines: 10

Greetings!
At Steve Bellovin's suggestion, I am writing to enquire whether
you might know of an implementation of rfc1323 (big windows in TCP)
that is readily available, and with a bit of luck, tried and tested.

Thanks in advance!

Andre B. Bondi, Dept. 1J0K15000, HO 2J414, AT&T Bell Labs, Tel. 908-949-1921

----- End Included Message -----

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 94 15:42:57 EST
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked] (Judy Keller)
Subject: Broadband'95 Workshop
Content-Length: 9213

November 1994
Dear Colleague:
On behalf of Technical Program Co-Chairs Howard Lemberg and Mario Vecchi
and the entire Technical Program Committee, we are pleased to invite you -
and/or others in your organization - to three days of informal, interactive
workshops at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Arizona. Your
participation in Broadband '95, a workshop devoted to "Multimedia
Applications and Network Architectures," will benefit you, your company,
and your industry. The workshop will be restricted to about 125 attendees
to facilitate a free and open exchange of ideas.
>From the enclosed Advance Program you can see that we have assembled a
group of speakers who are at the forefront of the work in this field. Our
objective is to expose the issues, problems, and proposed solutions that
will accelerate the emergence of broadband multimedia applications. In
addition to exploring the means for creating the content of these
applications, it is our aim to examine the supporting systems and networks.
We will get into the specifics of network access and control and the "nitty
gritty" of the access environment. Early commercial systems as well as
past, present and future trials will be covered. If you have any particular
subjects that you would like to see us include there is still time for us
to consider them. Your suggestions can be sent along with your registration
or bring your "hot" ideas and questions with you.
Since the capacity of the workshop is limited, we urge you to send the
registration form in as soon as possible. You will receive notification of
our ability to accomodate you shortly after receipt of your registration.
If you have questions please address them to:
Judy Keller at:
  IEEE Communications Society, 345 East 47th Street, New York, NY 10017-2394
  Telephone: +1 212 705 8248
  Fax: +1 212 705 7865
  Email: [email-masked]
Or to Bob Aaron at:
  telephone:  +1 407 687 2345
  fax:  +1 407 687 8739
  email:  [email-masked]
We look forward to seeing you in Tucson!
Bob Aaron and Jack Terry
General Co-Chairs, Broadband '95 Workshop
BROADBAND '95 WORKSHOP
Multimedia Applications and Network Architectures
Date:  January 8-11, 1995
Site:  Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, Tucson, Arizona
Sponsored by:  IEEE Communications Society
Theme:  Emerging Broadband Applications, Systems, and Networks
Keynote Reception:  5pm - Sunday - January 8, 1995
Keynote Speaker:  Bob Lucky, Bellcore
Reception Hosted by:  Motorola Semiconductor Products
Pack your bags with provocative questions and join us at this informal,
interactive workshop!
Seating is  limited, so register now!
BROADBAND '95 WORKSHOP Technical Sessions*
1 Architecture and Control, Monday, morning, Jan. 9; Session Chair: Mario Vecchi
Focuses on network architectures and control with emphasis on software
issues relating to the delivery of highly interactive multimedia
information.
Speakers include: Sheldon Borkin, Silicon Graphics Inc.; Gita Gopal,
Bellcore; Andy Laursen, Oracle Corp.; Ed Szurkowski, AT&T Bell Labs; Jay
Vaughn, Time Warner
2. Multimedia and Video Access, Monday , afternoon; Jan. 9; Session Chair:
Howard Lemberg
Addresses wireless and guided media access to  multimedia services from a
technical and economic viewpoint.
Speakers include: Ralph Ballart, Telesis Technology Labs; Bill Pugh, AT&T
Bell Labs; Tom Jurus, NYNEX; Rick Jones, BBT; Jim Mollenauer, Technology
Strategy  Associates
3. Content/Applications, Tuesday, morning, Jan. 10; Session Chair: Steve
Weinstein
Examines methods for creating the content of multimedia messages and for
realizing applications.
Speakers include: Steve Dukes, 3DO; Keith Rowe, Microsoft; Richard
Weinberg, USC Computer  Animation Lab.; Yuet Lee, Pacific Bell; And others
to be announced
4. Customer Networks/ Consumer Electronics Compatibility; Tuesday,
afternoon, Jan. 10; Session Chair: Jack Terry
Addresses how the transport of interactive, wideband signals to, from and
within the customers' premises present challenges in quantifying the
environment and choosing protocols to match it.
Speakers include: Joseph Glaab, General Instrument; Carl Anderson, BNR;
Claude Baggett, CableLabs; Brian Bauer, Raychem Corp.; Keku Mistry,
Bellcore
5. Trials/Early Commercial Installations, Wed., morning, Jan. 11; Session
Chair: Gottfried Luderer
Reviews how trials and early services provide the feedback essential to the
honing of system designs and service delivery. Covers some aspects of what
has been learned and what expectations are for future trials.
Speakers include: Jack Warner, AT&T Bell Labs; Peter Heldman, U S WEST;
Juergen Kanzow, KETEKON (Germany); Chuck Caroll, TeleWest (UK); Mike
Kincaid, MSK Consulting; And others to be announced
*Technical Sessions Scheduled as of October 20, 1994
BROADBAND '95 WORKSHOP Registration Information
-- All registrations must be received by December 7 in order to guarantee
this discounted room rate and room availability. Registrations received
after that date may be charged for added room costs.
-- All registrations received by December 7 will also qualify for the Early
Registration discount.
-- Any cancellations received after December 7 will be liable for the full
conference fee.
-- You must receive written confirmation in order to be registered. If you
have any questions about your confirmation, contact Hilda James at:
Telephone: +1 305 666 5115 / Fax: +1 305 666 7134 / Email:
[email-masked]
-- To reserve a sleeping room at the conference rate for Saturday, January
7 or Wednesday, January 11, indicate so on the "Scheduled Arrival Date"
and/or "Scheduled Departure Date" section below. You are responsible for
payment to the hotel for these nights.
===============================================================
BROADBAND '95 WORKSHOP Registration Form
Workshop Fees
Include Workshop Registration, the reception, lodging for three nights
(January 8, 9, and 10), and eight meals - from dinner on January 8, through
breakfast on January 11, 1995.
Limited accommodations available!
IEEE Member Early Registration (prior to November 15, 1994): $945
Non-Member Early Registration (prior to November 15, 1994):$995
IEEE Member Late Registration (after November 15, 1994): $995
Non-Member Late Registration (after November 15, 1994): $1,045
Guest/Spouse Registration*: $145
*Guest/Spouse Registration fee is the same for IEEE members and non-members
but is valid only in conjuction with a full paid registration. Guest/Spouse
Registration includes the reception, lodging for three nights, (January 8,
9, and 10) in a half twin double room shared with a full registrant, and
six meals - from dinner on January 8, through breakfast on January 11,
excluding luncheons.
BROADBAND '95 WORKSHOP Payment Options (Send this completed form to Hilda
James at address below.)
_______ Enclosed check or money order made out to IEEE. (U.S. funds, drawn
on a U.S. bank.)  
Check number #________
____VISA
____MasterCard
____AmEx
Card Number: ________________________________
Exp. Date (Mo./Yr.): ______________
Signature: ________________________________
Date: _________________________
Scheduled Arrival Date (for Resort reservations information)
_______________________
Scheduled Departure Date  _______________________
First Name________________________________
Last Name________________________________
(Name for badge, if different)________________________________
IEEE member number________________________________
Phone Number________________________________
Fax Number________________________________
Email Address________________________________
Job Title________________________________
Company/Organization________________________________
Street Address, Mail Stop/Room Number________________________________
City, State/Province, Postal Code, Country________________________________
Guest Name ________________________________________
Send Your Completed Registration Form and Payment to:
Hilda James
Broadband '95  c/o ICM 
7152 SW 47th Street
Miami, FL 33155 (U.S.A)
Telephone: +1 305 666 5115
For Charge (Credit Card) Orders Only:
Fax: +1 305 666 7134
Email: [email-masked]
NOTE: If you fax or email your charge order please do NOT mail it also.
=======================================================
BROADBAND '95 WORKSHOP Objectives:
Advance discussion of key broadband and multimedia issues, highlight
technical and business opportunities, and lay groundwork for consensus
where appropriate.
Provide a forum for presentation of latest advances in broadband fiber,
wireless, and coax access systems and applications.
Identify principal challenges or roadblocks to successful applications of
broadband and multimedia technologies.
Clarify access network/premises network relationships, matches and mismatches.
Project evolution of access network and services, including extent of
integration or nonintegration of networks, services, CPE.
General Co-Chairs: Bob Aaron, Consultant; Jack Terry, BNR
Technical Program Co-Chairs: Howard Lemberg, Bellcore; Mario Vecchi, Time-Warner
Technical Program Committee: Dominique Chapelain, CNET; Mike Kincaid, MSK
Consulting, Gottfried Luderer, Arizona State University; Curtis Siller,
AT&T Bell Labs; Steve Weinstein, NEC USA, Inc.

Date: Mon, 7 Nov 1994 03:45:23 -0500
From: [email-masked] (Raj Jain, The Ohio State University)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Address change [sent to @colleagues]
Content-Length: 762

Dear Colleagues,

Our department recently moved to a new building. The new address is:

Professor Raj Jain
Dept of Computer and Information Science	Phone: 614-292-3989
The Ohio State University			Fax: 614-292-2911
2015 Neil Ave, 497 Dreese Lab			Email: [email-masked]
Columbus, OH 43210-1277				Life-Time Email: [email-masked]

You probably know that I moved from Digital Equipment Corporation to OSU
last April. Also, wanted to let you know about my new book:

Raj Jain, "FDDI Handbook: High Speed Networking Using Fiber and Other Media"
Addison Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, MA 01867, Phone: 800-822-6339
or 617-944-3700, Fax: 800-333-3328 or 617-944-7273, Email: [email-masked],
ISBN: 0-201-56376-2, $49.95, 528 pages, 1994.

Thanks.

-Raj Jain