Subject: [tcpm] new version (06) of early retransmit

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 12:21:29 -0500

Folks-

We have just submitted a new version of the Early Retransmit I-D.  We
presented this in Chicago and the WG seemed to be in agreement to take
this on as a WG item.  We did not release this version as a WG version
because I don't think we ever verified this decision on the list
(although, I might mis-remember this because I obvious have no chair
duties for this draft).  

We generally cleaned things up in this version.  The big addition is a
packet-based version of ER for implementations that want more precision
and are willing to hold a little state about packet boundaries on the
right side of the window.

We welcome comments!

allman

The draft should be in the usual places soon and is already here:
    http://www.icir.org/mallman/papers/draft-allman-tcp-early-rexmt-06.txt

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm