Subject: Re: [tcpm] TCP-AO Option Layout - Alignment and Padding

From: Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:07:30 -0400

YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 wrote:
> 
> We have 256 keys, and it is not enough.

Folks,

Most of the time, the TSAD contains exactly one key for each directions. 
  (That is, the key currently in use). During periods of transition, the 
TSAD can contain two keys in each direction. (That is, the old one and 
the new one). So, a one-bit key-id is really big enough. But, if there 
is any thought of reserving keyid==0, we had better reserve 2 bits. I 
don't think that there is a need for more.

An application may want to maintain a larger keychain (possibly 
containing hundreds of keys). If that is the case, a user-land 
application should maintain that large keychain. The application will 
also send keys to and from the TSAD as apropriate.

                                      Ron

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm