Subject: [tcpm] intended status of UTO

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:36:47 -0600

Although UTO has finished last-call and been submitted
for publication, Magnus has noted that there seemed to
be a question during last call about its intended status
that wasn't conclusively resolved.

Our ADs would like to make sure that there isn't going
to be a problem with publishing this as proposed standard,
and need the WG's feedback in order to advance the document.

By my homework, the charter item for UTO was written for
a proposed standard.  When I checked the archives, it
looked like Pasi was the only WGLC commenter that argued
for experimental, and on the other hand, Joe, Mark,
Caitlin, and Toby all seemed to support it as proposed
standard.  Versions 04 through 09 of the draft include
"Intended status: Standards Track".

However, in the IETF 68 minutes, I found this:
  * Lars and chairs did not remember if this is going for experimental
or
    proposed. Tim Shepard has preference for experimental.
    - Tim Shepherd: in San Diego asked this explicitly from chairs
during
      agenda bashing, they said the plan is for Experimental.
    - Lars: ok
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 16:49:37 +0200

For the record, I don't care whether it goes PS or Exp.

Lars (as an author)

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 14:11:04 +0100

>       agenda bashing, they said the plan is for Experimental.

Hi,

I had hoped the WG chairs would simply declare that standards track was
the consensus of the WG last call. To me it is quite clear that this is
the case. The old IETF 68 minutes are far prior to the WG last call.
Thus I will declare that UTO will be IETF last called intended for
Standards Track. If anyone object about this they can send in a IETF
last call comment on this.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: David Borman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:19:49 -0600

Ok, I'll clarify it.  The UTO document went through WGLC without  
changing it to experimental, so it is standards track.  Wes' message  
explicitly brought up this point, so that people could object if they  
felt that wasn't true.  So far, no one has objected, so it is still  
standards track.  As Magnus notes, any late-comers that want to object  
will now have to do this during the IETF last call.

			-David Borman, TCPM WG co-chair