Subject: [tcpm] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01]

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 02:09:02 -0200

Hello, folks,

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01
Date: Mon,  2 Feb 2009 19:18:01 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps
Revision:	 01
Title:		 On the generation of TCP timestamps
Creation_date:	 2009-02-02
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
This document describes an algorithm for selecting the timestamps (TS
value) used for TCP connections that use the TCP timestamp option,
such that the resulting timestamps are monotonically-increasing
across connections that involve the same four-tuple {local IP
address, local TCP port, remote IP address, remote TCP port}.  The
properties of the algorithm are such that it reduces the possibility
of an attacker of guessing the exact value.  Additionally, it
describes an algorithm for processing incoming SYN segments that
allows higher connection-establishment rates between any two TCP
endpoints when a TCP timestamps option is present in the incoming SYN
segment.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm