Subject: [tcpm] WG status update 9/1/09

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[Verizon]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 14:43:08 -0500

Since David and I got good feedback that the WG status update 2 weeks
ago was helpful, and it uncovered a couple of things, we'll try to
continue it for awhile, hopefully at close to 2 week intervals.  If
that's too noisy, please let us know :).

Here's our snapshot as of today:

WG Items
========

TCP Authentication Option
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-05.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in April 2009
Action: Needs update parallel to AO-Crypto draft and then WGLC (action with J. Touch)

TCP Authentication Option Crypto
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lebovitz-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-02.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard with AO spec
Action: Needs update parallel to AO draft and then WGLC (action with G. Lebovitz)

ICMP Attacks
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-06.txt
Milestone Target: Informational in July 2009
Action: WGLC started 9/1, to end 9/15

Early-Retransmit
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tcpm/draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt/
Milestone Target: Experimental in July 2009
Action: WGLC finished; authors to update, chairs to forward (action with M. Allman)

1323bis
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-01.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in July 2009
Action: Revise & WGLC (action with D. Borman)

MSS Option
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpmss-02.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in July 2009
Action: WGLC started 8/19, to end 9/8 (extended), being updated based on several
        of the comments (action with D. Borman)

Urgent Pointer
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-00.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in January 2010
Action: Continue WG reviews

TCP Security
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-security-00.txt
Milestone Target: BCP in August 2010
Action: 00-draft / outline is under active discussion

Other Proposals
===============

Persist
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ananth-tcpm-persist-01.txt
Action: WG Review

Timestamps
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01.txt
Action: ???

Parameter Tuning
(no I-D yet)
Action: continue good discussion on mailing list
        presentation given in Stockholm

Long Connectivity Disruptions
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zimmermann-tcp-lcd-02.txt
Action: need WG to read/discuss
        2x presentations (SFO and Stockholm) have been given
        some support expressed
        chairs have polled WG for interest ... awaiting response

SACK Entry
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jarvinen-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-01
Action: need WG to read/discuss
        presentations in Stockholm and SFO given
        some support expressed
        chairs have polled WG for interest ... awaiting response

TCP Option for Transparent Middlebox Discovery
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-knutsen-tcpm-middlebox-discovery-00.txt
Action: Needs WG review / discussion
        some discussion on mailing list clarifies purpose & intent

NewReno Modification
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nishida-newreno-modification-01.txt
Action: need WG to read/discuss
        presentation given, but WG list not yet polled for adoption

---------------------------
Wes Eddy
Network & Systems Architect
Verizon FNS / NASA GRC
Office: (216) 433-6682
---------------------------