Subject: [tcpm] RFC 5681 on TCP Congestion Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:19:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5681

        Title:      TCP Congestion Control 
        Author:     M. Allman, V. Paxson,
                    E. Blanton
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 44339
        Obsoletes:  RFC2581

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc2581bis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5681.txt

This document defines TCP's four intertwined congestion control
algorithms: slow start, congestion avoidance, fast retransmit, and
fast recovery.  In addition, the document specifies how TCP should
begin transmission after a relatively long idle period, as well as
discussing various acknowledgment generation methods.  This document
obsoletes RFC 2581.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute