Subject: [tcpm] WG status as of 1/21/2010

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:39:03 -0600

As a few things have changed since the last time we sent a
snapshot of the WG status, here is the current basket of
TCPM work.

I think the highest priority items are updates to the AO
and AO crypto documents in response to the comments from
WGLC (and post-WGLC discussion).

Something new on this list is the set of reported RFC
Errata that we need to vet as they're on TCP documents.

WG Items Nearing RFC Publication
================================

Early-Retransmit
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-early-rexmt-03.txt
Milestone Target: Experimental in July 2009
Status: Publication Requested on 11/19/09, on 12/17/09 IESG telechat agenda
        All IESG "Discuss" positions have been cleared to No-Objection
Action: None in TCPM

ICMP Attacks
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-09.txt
Milestone Target: Informational in July 2009
Status: Publication Requested on 1/21/10
Action: None in TCPM

WG Items in WGLC or being revised after WGLC
============================================

TCP Authentication Option
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-08.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in April 2009
Status: WGLC ended 11/24/09, additional comments received afterwards
Action: Editors (Joe Touch) to update; chairs to write PROTO

TCP Authentication Option Crypto
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-01.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard with AO spec
Status: WGLC ended 11/24/09, additional comments received afterwards
Action: Editors (G. Lebovitz) to update; chairs to write PROTO

Active WG Items
===============

1323bis
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-01.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in July 2009
Status: Needs revision
Action: Revise & WGLC (action with D. Borman)

MSS Option
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpmss-02.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in July 2009
Status: WGLC started 8/19, ended 9/8 (extended)
Action: being updated based on several of the comments (action with D. Borman)

Urgent Pointer
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-02.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in January 2010
Status: awaiting WGLC after AO WGLC completes
Action: D. Borman to start WGLC

TCP Security
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-security-00.txt
Milestone Target: BCP in August 2010
Status: outline discussion dying off?  content needs work
Action: 00-draft / outline has been under active discussion; but not attained
          very clear consensus
        WG might begin working on recommendations while still looking for a
          possible compromise on outline (action with Fernando Gont)

Long Connectivity Disruptions
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-lcd-00.txt
(need to submit WG version)
Milestone Target: Experimental in October 2010
Status: sumbitted as initial WG document; authors think no real issues are left
Action: need WG to read/discuss

SACK Entry
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-00.txt
Milestone Target: Proposed Standard in October 2010
Action: need WG to read/discuss
        TBD how this relates to 3517

Documents Under a Poll to Become WG Items
=========================================

TCP Option for Transparent Middlebox Discovery
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-knutsen-tcpm-middlebox-discovery-03.txt
Status: discussed on mailing list and updated in response
        poll for working group adoption opened on 12/9, responses
          desired by 12/23

Other Proposals
===============

Clarification of sender behavior in persist condition.
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ananth-tcpm-persist-01.txt
Status: discussed on mailing list and in face-to-face meetings
Action: chairs to open WG poll for adoption

Timestamps
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-timestamps-01.txt
Action: ???

Parameter Tuning
(no I-D yet)
Action: continue good discussion on mailing list
        presentation given in Stockholm
        need to determine if one or more I-Ds are to-be written

NewReno Modification
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nishida-newreno-modification-01.txt
Action: need WG to read/discuss
        presentation given, but WG list not yet polled for adoption

discussions on Rate-Halving
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-mathis-tcp-ratehalving-00.txt
Action: mailing list discussion about the history of this, and whether
        it needs to be revived

AO NAT
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcp-ao-nat-00.txt
Action: WG review/discuss issues raised by Eric Rescorla; to be
        considered as a potential update to the AO spec AFTER
        the base AO spec is published

Other WG Activities
===================

Errata Review for legacy TCP RFCs:

RFC0793 (1496)	3.9  	Technical  	Legacy	Yin Shuming  		2008-08-27
RFC0793 (1561) 	3.2 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1562) 	3.3 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1563) 	3.4 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1564) 	3.7 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1565) 	3.8 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1566) 	3.9 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1567) 	3.9 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1568) 	3.9 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1569) 	2.4 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1570) 	2.7 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1571) 	3.1 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11
RFC0793 (1572) 	3.4 	Technical 	Legacy 	Constantin Hagemeier 	2008-10-11

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems