Subject: Re: [tcpm] New Version Notification for draft-ananth-tcpm-persist-02

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:11:25 +0100 (MEZ)

At Fri, 08 Jan 2010 12:53:03 -0800, Mahesh Jethanandani wrote:

> This version of the draft is about clarifying the intent of RFC 1122.
> We have all agreed in our mail exchange that the language in RFC 1122
> if interpreted literally can cause implementations to become vulnerable.
> Previous references to possible implementations/solutions that caused
> quite a bit of confusion have been removed.
> 
> It incorporates feedback that we received on examples of when it does
> make sense to keep connections in persist state.  A good example of that
> is the lpd daemon.
> 
> This draft also adds a reference to a CERT vulnerability note that was
> published recently.

  1,$s!.*!This version refreshes the -01 after expiry without changes.!

Apparently a time journey or replay attack; the announcement text
replicates the announcement once sent for the -01 version.   :-)

BR,
  Alfred.

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:08:51 -0800

Alfred,

Neither really. The draft was about to expire, we had no changes but the 
status of the draft was unknown. We wanted to move forward on the draft 
and did not want to send a link that was expiring today. Should have 
checked the policy on what one does under the circumstances :-[ .

Alfred � wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm
>   

-- mj