Subject: [tcpm] ECN Nonce (RFC 3540) implementation for Linux available

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 13:48:34 +0100

Dear all,

I'm sorry, I guess I should have sent this message much earlier - time
has passed, and I have simply forgotten about it...

I just wanted to inform the group that we have made an updated
implementation of the ECN Nonce (RFC 3540) for Linux, and it's
available from here:
http://heim.ifi.uio.no/michawe/research/projects/spurious/index.html

We made that for a follow-up idea, also described on the same page;
my plan was to do a follow-up paper with real-life tests, and then
(one day... in the unforeseeable future...) suggest updating the
ECN spec to include it.

To better understand whether it makes any sense to continue
working on this at all, I'm curious about the state of things there -
does anyone (intend/want to) use the ECN Nonce at all? Is there
still anyone out there planning / hoping / wishing that this
specification moves forward towards Proposed Standard,
given that Bob Briscoe repeatedly stated that it shouldn't?

Cheers,
Michael