Subject: [tcpm] Protocol Action: 'Cryptographic Algorithms for TCP's Authentication Option, TCP-AO' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:28:20 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Algorithms for TCP's Authentication Option, TCP-AO '
   <draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-03.txt

Technical Summary

  The TCP Authentication Option, TCP-AO, relies on security algorithms
  to provide authentication between two end-points.  There are many
  such algorithms available, and two TCP-AO systems cannot interoperate
  unless they are using the same algorithms.  This document specifies
  the algorithms and attributes that can be used in TCP-AO's current
  manual keying mechanism.

Document Quality

  Vendors have expressed support for this work and begun implementing
  it and sharing feedback with TCPM.

Personnel

  Wesley Eddy ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd. Lars
  Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  Deficiencies in xml2rfc cause an invalid table-of-contents to be
  generated. As discussed during IETF-77, please manually recreate
  the table-of-contents.