Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Using TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) Information to Determine Duplicate Acknowledgements for Loss Recovery Initiation
	Author(s)       : I. Jarvinen, M. Kojo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-03-08

This document describes a TCP sender algorithm to trigger loss
 recovery based on the TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK)
 information gathered on a SACK scoreboard instead of simply counting
 the number of arriving duplicate acknowledgements (ACKs) in the
 traditional way.  The given algorithm is more robust to ACK losses,
 ACK reordering, missed duplicate acknowledgements due to delayed
 acknowledgements, and extra duplicate acknowledgements due to
 duplicated segments and out-of-window segments. The algorithm allows
 not only a timely initiation of TCP loss recovery but also reduces
 false fast retransmits.  It has a low implementation cost on top of
 the SACK scoreboard defined in RFC 3517.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-sack-recovery-entry-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Markku Kojo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:09:36 +0200 (EET)

Hi, all,

we would appreciate any feedback on the new version of the draft. 

We as the authors believe that the document is technically ready, so it 
would probably be time to take the next steps. As a part of this we have 
discussed with the RFC 3517 authors and are planning to merge this 
document together with RFC 3517. This would allow us to concentrate
a bit the split TCP documentation. Any views on this plan are also 
welcome. 

/Markku

---

From: Alexander Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:38:47 +0000

Am 11.03.2010 um 17:09 schrieb Markku Kojo:

> document together with RFC 3517.

Nice!

> This would allow us to concentrate
> a bit the split TCP documentation.

Yes. I second that.

> Any views on this plan are also 
> welcome. 
> 
> /Markku
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm